Monday, September 8, 2014

Catalina

Saturday brought with it slightly overcast skies, and a friendly Parents vs Kids game of soccer for my little brothers end of season match.
 
I was originally going just as a supporter and to laugh at my parents, clad in zebra stripped gumboots due to the yucky rainy weather we had been having. However, it looked so much fun and my brothers begged me to play "at least one minute" so at half time I swapped into my trainers and jumped in.
 
It was so fun! We kicked butt of course. Made me want to sign up for a social soccer team next season! Although apparently "I run like a girl"......
 
Afterwards we went to my new favourite cafe in Hobsonville called Catalina.


 


 
 
 

The food here is AMAZING. The cabinet is full of delicious goodies and I am always torn between ordering cabinet food or a brekkie off the menu


 
 
 
 
I ended up ordering French Toast - one of my staple favs


 
 
Mmmmm smothered in bacon and maple syrup, with a few bits of fruit thrown in there to make it healthy ;)
 
The twins were off to a party so just got some fries to tide them over
 

 
 
I thought the presentation was adorable! Even coming out with a newspaper clipping for a bit of added charm


 
 
This place usually gets packed out, but there is loads of seating indoors and out so we have always managed to grab a table. 
 

 
 
The food is always delicious, the hot chocolates are perfect and the staff are super friendly. What more could you want? Perfect start to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment