Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Coconut Oil

Ive heard SO many good things about coconut oil and the benefits of using it on your skin, hair and in your cooking, but it wasn't until last week that I actually decided to buy some and give it a try.
 
I bought the "Now Foods, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil" from iHerb which you can find here. I decided to go with this product as it is 100% pure, Cold-Pressed and Unrefined, and Certified Organic.
 


I have been using it on my face to moisturise my skin before bed. For the last couple of months I have had super dry skin around one of my eyes - which I blame on switching cleansers - and I've tried so many different things to fix it. I changed back to my original cleanser, bought a special gentle eye makeup remover, tried using Aqueous cream which is meant to be super moisturising, but nothing has helped much.
 
I have been using this coconut oil since Friday - 5 nights - and already I can see an improvement!! Its crazy! I'm so happy with it and am going to continue to use it every night. Its quite greasy, so a little goes along way once it has melted onto your skin. Plus the tub is huge so I imagine it will last awhile.
 
I def recommend trying this if you have dry skin. iHerb is one of my new fave online stores. Products are a lot cheaper than you find here in NZ, and there is a huge variety of products. I pay the extra $8 for shipping and my packages have always arrived within the 4 days. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment