Friday, September 26, 2014

The Green Keeper Cafe

After our workout we went in search of brunch, to undo all our hard work. Or as I prefer to think of it, I worked out so that I could go eat yummy food.

 




 
 
I've heard good things about the Green Keeper Cafe,which was originally a caretakers cottage from 1906. It is one of the few surviving buildings from this era in Auckland CBD and was recently refurbished to become a quaint little cafe.
 

 
 
The interior was quite small with two separate rooms for dining and the counter area. There was a large area out the back with tables and chairs but unfortunately it was too rainy to sit outside. I quite liked the quaint decorating inside, with the above sign an original from the early 1900's, and other artworks scattered around.
 

 

 



 
 
Their food is organic and free range, the menu looked delicious, but so did the cabinet food, I was very torn between what to choose! These brioches were filled with custard, white chocolate and plum....I may have got one to takeaway. I really need to start exercising some self control around food.
 

 
 
My friend chose eggs benedict with a side of creamy mushrooms, so I decided to get the same rather than chancing food envy!
 

 

 

 
 
The eggs bene was delicious, they gave 3 eggs as they were free range and quite small however I would've been happy with just the two - esp as I had ordered the mushrooms. The hot chocolate was not so good, wasnt very chocolately or sweet so that was abit of a let down. If I were to go back I'd order a tea instead.
 
The place was pretty quiet for a Sunday, I imagine just because it's in an odd location, as the food was lovely and the waitress was very friendly, not sure about the coffee's though. There is loads of parking next to the cafe, and also on the main street. Check it out if you're looking to try somewhere different in the CBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment