Friday, October 3, 2014

Beautiful Bali

Lately Ive been getting so many updates in my facebook newsfeed from friends who are in Bali, and it is making me super, super jealous and wishing I were back there! It was about 2 years ago that I was in Bali on a family holiday and I thought I'd share some of the pictures so I can dream a little whilst sitting here in rainy Auckland........

We stayed in the most beautiful private villa called Villa Champuhan, it was stunning! Ive never stayed anywhere like it. The villa was completely secluded and included our own private infinity pools which were beautiful to swim in, and meant no having to wait for sun-loungers!


 
 











We each had separate rooms that were freestanding, like private little houses, and our own private outdoor bathrooms attached to them The shower was unlike anything I've ever experienced! It's so strange showering outdoors but you soon get used to it, the bathrooms were surrounded by high walls so no one could see in. The heat in Bali makes it so that even in the evenings its not cold outside.

One of my favourite parts of the trip was visiting the elephant sanctuary - I adore elephants and I really wanted to do an elephant ride. We drove out to the Elephant Safari Park in Ubud which was meant to be one of the best parks in terms of animal care in Bali.






We could feed them and they would pose for pictures, and could even cuddle with the babies







We also visited one of the temples on the beach at sunset which was as massive tourist attraction and pretty cool to see. They had markets in the streets leading upto it where I bartered fiercely for my hat :) 









The snake was just chilling on a chair for bypassers to see and touch. They had more animals out back that you could pay to hold and pose for photos with - but that was abit much for me!
We mostly spent our time around the villa swimming in the pool, shopping, site seeing and getting massages. But in the last few of days we stayed at a different hotel on the coast which had a private beach as well as their pool.
 





We also went to another local beach which came complete with wild monkeys





These spiritual offerings were pretty much everywhere and are the essence of Bali






I have way too many photos to upload and I could go on forever! It was such a cool trip, everything is so cheap and I loved going to the markets and bartering down the prices!
The Balinese people are very friendly and don't hassle you if you're not wanting to buy something, which is more than I've heard about other similar countries. I would definitely reccommend visiting Bali if you ever get the chance, makes for the perfect week (or extended week) away. Or, if you've already been, leave a comment below I'd love to hear about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment