Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Cheeky Low Carb Pancakes

So last week I started a Low Carb High Fat diet - or LCHF - after hearing rave reviews from people and doing a bit of online research. The beauty of this diet is you don't get hungry, and a lot of your cravings disappear as you are allowed to consume as much fats as you want. The tag line being FAT is your FRIEND!
 
There are loads of  free recipes online to help you stick to your diet, varying from dinners and breakfasts, to sweets and snacks. I decided to try these Low Carb Pancakes for dinner last night - because who doesn't love a breakfast for dinner???








You will need:

1 cup of almond meal
2 eggs
1/4 of water (I used still water or you can also use sparkling)
2 T oil (I used coconut Oil which I melted in the microwave)
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sweetener

Mix all the ingredients together with a whisk





 
Heat the pan on a low heat - I used a non stick pan with a bit of coconut oil to prevent sticking or burning. Then cook as you would other pancakes




They don't bubble on the surface quite the same as other pancakes so just be wary and check that the aren't burning on the bottom and flip after a couple minutes.




The LCHF diet encourages cream so I topped mine with runny cream (as I'm not a fan of whipped cream) and a few frozen berries.







 
YUMMMM!
 
You'll have to excuse the lighting as it was dark and my kitchen lights weren't very forgiving!
 
I'm not usually one to choose pancakes, as you know I would go for eggs bene or french toast first from a cafe! However these were pretty damn good especially when eaten hot and smothered in cream, and SUPER easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment